The road less traveled
Is covered with black skid marks,
Shredded wheels and glass.
Vibing some Steadman and wondering what HST would think of the present administration.
(The title is a play on a '73 Joe Walsh album.)
1) NEVER write or draw just for the hell of it.
2) Stay digital. Virtual experience is way COOLEST.
3) Don't ever wonder what it might be like living in another culture.
4) Beat yourself up CONSTANTLY. You're mediocre at BEST.
5) NEVER take a break.
6) NEVER sing in the shower
7) AVOID new music, food and people.
8) Stay closed. An open heart is for SUCKERS.
9) Screw feed back. Who cares what other souls might contribute?
10) Trash any original ideas IMMEDIATELY!
11) Don't spend any time mastering a skill. Who needs THAT headache?
12) Eschew visiting any new places. Toxic shit lurks EVERYWHERE (except where you
13 ) NEVER count your blessings.
14) Obey all the established, sure-fire rules.
Now go out there and be NOBODY!
May your St. Patrick's Day be merry.
I'm pretty sure the world doesn't need more fish pillows, but these would work nicely.
I really like how this cover turned out. Considering the subject matter, I was able to enliven the image with warmth and a certain whimsical engagement. Even the driest subject matter can be inviting when the illustration is given a chance to expand beyond literal boundaries.
There is no boring subject matter, just boring illustrators.
How many movie titles can you string together to make a grammatically cohesive sentence. No additional words, no subtractions.
The best I could come up with is: AROUND MIDNIGHT, ROCKY SAW THE GODFATHER KILL BILL ON THE WATERFRONT (6 consecutive titles).
"Goodnight and Good Luck".
John Cox is a painter, cartoonist, and illustrator for hire. For information about purchasing existing work or commissioning new work, contact him by e-mail at john555cox [at] hotmail.com.